Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Lost, Veronica Mars, Heroes

I'm going to continue to talk about some of the season premieres that I've encountered so far.  If you'd like to know more about previous shows, please read my previous blog - www.mypalal.com. Spoiler Alert.
 
Lost - The season premiere of Lost was awesome.  I like how all of the premiere have started with the plane crash.  This time with the perspective of the others.  It's amazing just how the writers like to mess with your mind.  My understanding is that the first 7 episode will deal primarily with Jack, Kate and Sawyer.  Who will Kate end up with?  I don't care.  The "Henry Gale" character is getting creepier and creepier and I like that.  I also like the fact that the show at this point is very different from the first two seasons.  The whole "others" question is going to be fascinating to watch over the next 7 weeks.
 
Veronica Mars - I missed the first half of the season opener.  My TIVO didn't pick up on the fact that the show moved to the CW and I didn't find out until too late.  Nice start.  Veronica at college.  It's kind of Saved by the Bell - College Years, because lo and behold everyone is going to the same college. I just watched episode 2 last night and I like the fact that Veronica is not perfect and she can ruin two people's lives in one show.
 
The Nine - Great show so far.  I have to give it a few episode for final judgment, but a very strong open to introduce and kill off characters.  This show is in danger of becoming cheeseball very easily.
 
Heroes - I hesitated watching this show for a while.  It was sitting on my TIVO for a few days after the second episode.  I like this show, but it has the danger of becoming cheeseball too.  It reminds me a lot of Unbreakable a movie I loved.  People with powers discovering it's effects in subtle ways.  I think this show is going to go the way of Surface.  Great show but only one season in it.
 
Ugly Betty - Sticks.  I would like to like this show.  I'm not a big fan of the fact that pretty people are on all of the other shows, but It's just not that compelling and a little overrated.
 
The CSI series - So far, kudos to Las Vegas (the original) great start.  Great cliffhanger with Catherine's "rape".
 
More to come on this season.

No comments: