Friday, April 03, 2009

The War Ends Now: Homosexuality - The Victimless Sin

I haven't written on this subject for a while because I want to get some of my thoughts, thought out better.
Small battle won today. Iowa Supreme Court legalized same sex marriage. Small victory only because Iowa is so small. My general feeling is that Christians need to start supporting same sex marriage, if we ever want to start winning more souls to Christ.

This now transitions me to what I want to discuss in my continuing series to end the war between Christians and the Homosexual Community.
My question is who exactly is the victim of the sin of Homosexuality?
In my seminary days we defined sin into to catagories: sins against man and sins against God.
Let's discuss one the most pertinent one today.
Sins Against Man

Christ stated this simply...Love Your Neighbor as Yourself (Matthew 22:38). These sins are described as actions that harms another person. Sins like hatred, murder, envy, covetiousness.
My belief is that homosexuality is the "Victimless Sin." The fact is that two consenting adults of the same sex, who wants to get married, does not harm anyone.
I know a few same-sex couples and in no way has my life been harmed or have been tempted to stumble because I choose to befriend a homosexual couple. In fact the very act of civil union has harmed me and my family in no way.

If you have been harmed it is only because you feel offended and your feelings of offense is not anyone's doing but your own. As Christians, we need to be more self-controlled that we do not allow our feelings of offense lead to sinful actions. If you sin, because of these feelings, you can not blame anyone but yourself.
I defy any Christian to find any harm done to them personally as a result of a Gay Marriage. Please I'd like to know.
One last thing, one of the benefits of a same-sex marriage...ZERO ABORTIONS. To my knowledge, no gay marriage or union has ever lead to an abortion. On the other hand, heterosexual unions have lead to millions of abortions. Allow me now to remove my tongue from my cheek.

No comments: