Friday, November 13, 2009

Today is the First Day of the Rest of My Life

No better way to say this that just to say it. I've been let go. Discharged. Nixed. Axed. Shown the Door. Got my pink slip.

Yes, I've joined the ranks of the millions of unemployed Americans in the Obama-nation.

Before I go any further, I have no ill feelings for the Credit Union. Honestly, they did me a favor. After the most trying time in my 16 year tenure, I just lost the will to grow in my job. I'm not blaming anyone, but I was just got tired and I could not fight anymore.

You know you're done when you work for just a paycheck and health insurance. My joy has always been in coming home, playing with the kid and performing on the weekends.

Now I get to turn my life into a cliche and start a new chapter in my life. I've can live comfortably for a few months and decide exactly what God wants me to do next.

Well, anyways, the first stage of grief is denial. I'm pretty sure this is where I'm at now. I feel like I'm on vacation. I switch between the feelings that I don't have to go to work on Monday and oh, crap, I don't have a job.

Now's my chance to start a new adventure. Time to start something new. Can I find a 9-to-5 in this economy? Can I find a job that I can be happy with?

So what's the first thing I did when I got home? I bought an exercise bike. I was going to do this anyways with the money I made taking photographs on the cruise. No real reason to not do this. I really need to increase my cardio and reduce my gut.

2 comments:

Craig L. Adams said...

Lotsa luck with the job search.

Jehtro said...

Brother, I was led to your site this morning.

I was doing research on the start of a blog relating a comparison to playing poker,the experience of church membership, following Jesus, the happenings @ www.christisgood.org. This will be my first such excursion. I'm nearly computer illiterate.

I got kLove blaring. Casting Crowns just spoke of building relationships and spreading the Love of Jesus with the one person you are with presently and the 10-15 people you are with today.

So I see you joined the unemployed. You are interested in Low Limit Poker. I might suggest the Chen Coin Flip http://www.playwinningpoker.com/poker/math/variance/
The way to win is to play your best to get that 6-to-5 edge, not on whether you win the flip this hour. And it probably helps to have prayer from a friend and an awesome God on your side.

Adding your site to my Favorites,
Good "luck" to you, Al
Jethro