Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Another Case of Liberal Descrimination

It amazes me how liberal democrats can say they take the mantle of equal rights and free speech and at the same time dish out the same level of discrimination and censorship.

 

TMZ.com reports that Barry Manilow cancelled his appearance on The View because he did not want to be on the same stage as Elizabeth Hasselbeck.  Manilow states “I strongly disagree with [Hasselbeck’s] views. I think she’s dangerous and offensive. I will not be on the same stage as her.”  To their credit, Barbara Walters said it was “too bad” about Barry’s stand and producer Bill Geddie adds “we don’t do that…we support everybody…he’s not going to call the shots.

 

This is not the only instance of liberal not wanting to be in the vicinity of conservatives.  It’s just the most recent.  Here’s the hypocrisy of the whole situation:

 

  • Censorship. Liberals support your freedom of speech as long as you agree with liberals or if you don’t, then keep your mouth shut.
  • Discrimination.  Liberals will discriminate against you based on creed and religion.  There’s a reason why Hollywood and the press are mostly comprised of liberals.  Once a liberal finds out that you’re a conservative they automatically label you as closed minded and fanatical. This, my friend, is classic prejudice. 
  • Hatred. Liberal will say that conservatives hate minorities, the poor, etc.  But with even more passion, they can get away with hating a person with opposite views.  They describe any outspoken conservative and evil and hateful, or as Mr. Manilow puts it “dangerous and offensive.”

 

I have many liberal friends, but I will tell you that when Bush won re-election in 2004, I was not a well-liked person.  It wasn’t for anything that I did personally, but it was based solely on my beliefs.

 

In response, I did not “hate” my liberal friends when the Democrats took back Congress.  Because they had nothing to do with it.

 

Your comments are welcome.

No comments: