Monday, October 01, 2007

The TV Season So Far - Part 1

It’s the first week of a new Season and I’ve had a chance to watch all of my shows, new and old.  Here’s my initial thoughts.

 

The Office.  I’ve talked to a lot of people who were disappointed with the Office this week.  I for one was not.  Yes, it wasn’t the most hilarious episode ever, but it was still funny.  I loved Andy’s chaffing nipples.  I think what turned my friends off was Dwight euthanizing Angela’s cat.

 

My Name is Earl.  I’m a silent fan of Earl.  It’s appeal is that Earl tries real hard to be a new person and that’s something America can really relate to.  This is the same reason why Michael Scott is nothing like David Brent.  David Brent really offends you, Michael Scott has an endearing quality and Earl is the same way. That’s why you have Joy as the extreme opposite.  I’m looking forward to seeing more of Earl in jail.  I hope they go most of the first season in prison.

 

Kidnation.  Boring.  I caught the episode where they voted on whether to kill chickens.  Leave it to the liberal media for portraying meat eaters as the enemy.  For the show in general, I don’t think this show is very controversial.  The concept might be, but this is not what you are watching.  I guess if the Kids start killing each other, then you have something.

 

Heroes.  Good start for Heroes.  It definitely does not have the energy that it had when the season ended, but that’s the point of a season finale.  Everything leads to a dramatic conclusion.  The season premiere sets the stage for the rest of the season which will lead to an exciting finale.  I was sad to see George Takei killed in the first episode.  Can’t wait for Elle to make her first appearance.

 

Dirty, Sexy Money.  Despite the title, I really like this show.  It has Peter Krause as a moralistic lawyer who takes the place of his father as the family lawyer of this incredibly rich family.  He finds out that his father was murdered and is going to take the job, balance this family life and find the murderer.  Laurie and I thought the premiere was one of the best this season.

 

Desparate Housewives.  Great start for the season, especially with Dana Delany and Nathan Fillian.  The best part was the end when everyone pledged to never keep secrets from one another.  This was a much better start than last season.

 

Kitchen Nightmares.  This is the side of Gordon Ramsey that I like to see.  He just a jerk on Hell’s Kitchen.  Now you truly stand behind his need to yell and swear at people.

 

Survivor China.  I stopped watching survivor after the third season.  I saw the primiere and liked it a lot because of two of the contestants – WWE Diva Ashley and Poker Pro Jean-Robert Bellande.  Because of it’s timeslot, TIVO will not record the rest of the season for me.  Oh well.

 

Journeyman.  About 20 minutes into this one I was about to shut it off.  I got through the rest of it.  I’m going to give this 2-3 more episode.  It better get better.

 

Las Vegas.  Las Vegas to me is a silly show, but I love it.  Sad to see James Caan leave the way he did, but I guess they needed to make sure he wasn’t coming back anytime soon.  Tom Sellick is a good replacement as owner.  This first episode reminds me of Disneyland and their Million Dreams campaign.

 

That’s it for now.  I’ll have the rest of the shows next time.

 

No comments: