Tuesday, June 09, 2009

I Hate Praise Music: Revisited

For some reason my blog on "Why I Hate Praise Music" has gotten a lot of attention and I wrote the thing almost two years ago. One of the comments that came back to me was something about a child that sings "Jesus Loves Me" off-key and just bad it's not cute, this is worship. I've had many comments to this effect, basically good or bad as long as God is being praise it's worship.

OK, I understand that worship comes from the heart. I'm not questioning anyone's motive. But then again, take a step back and place yourselves in the shoes of the unbeliever.

The real reason I'm writing is that I'm watching "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here." And the most public Christian that we have in the world today is Spencer and Heidi. Thanks Guys for the help and setting up back a few centuries. Believe me, I get it. I can't judge their hearts, but I can tell you how stupid they look in the name of the Lord.

Maybe I'm lacking a little faith, but someone please explain to me how their obnoxious behavior is exactly bringing the lost to Christ. Maybe when I read the life of Christ, I'm not exactly seeing this kind of heavy handed preaching.

Ok, now you all can be made at me again.

No comments: