Thursday, September 22, 2005

Kristin Uninvited to Women of Faith

I'm not sure how I feel about this message posted on Kristin Chenoweth's website:

"It is with great regret that we let you all know Kristin Chenoweth will not be participating in the November Women of Faith concert in Oklahoma City. She has been asked to withdraw by the organization due to her publicized and heartfelt beliefs that God is accepting of all people on earth. Kristin's personal views and faith to this effect have not changed, despite the Women of Faith's actions."

Apparently, Kristin made a comment on the 700 Club that she was a member of the NYC Gay-Men's Choir.  Thus the acceptance of homosexual disqualified her from Women of Faith.

Here's an interesting post from the Women of Faith bulletin board:

    It was very disappointing to hear someone so very impressed with themself....After hearing Kristin speak, a young mother came up to me and said that after listening, she felt like maybe she needed more faith so that God could do great things in her life. She had already been feeling inadequate going into the conference, but to then hear a speaker say "I know you can't take awards with you to heaven, but they sure are nice aren't they?" was very hard for her.

I'll agree she really didn't understand her audience at Women of Faith. But these actions truly sadden me.  I have gay friends, but as a friend, I do not need to constantly be in their face about the sinfulness of homosexuality.  Show me one place in the Bible where he got in the face of sinners.  I can show you passage after passage that shows Jesus getting in the face of hypocrites (the Pharisees).

It all comes to my basic belief about the Christian's response to homosexuality.  When did homosexuality become the unpardonable sin?  I know of very few people who know of ministry to homosexuals or even have strong convictions toward one.  The only response is that of judgment.

I guess this is why all Christians have bad haircuts.

No comments: