Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Roberts Game has Begun

I'm watching bits of the Roberts hearing and it is me or is this simply a game. Some experts seem to think so.

"He's obviously playing a game of dodgeball," said Ralph Neas, head of the liberal People of the American Way.

The game is whether or not the Democrats can make Roberts say something that media can blow up out of proportion. I'll be honest here, the Republicans did it to Clinton's nominees and yet still overwhelmingly voted for them.

I wish that I could say that the Democrats will afford the same courtesy, but they won't. We're already hearing a great deal of contentious response from Senators Kennedy and Feinstein. And before you accuse me of partisanship, please compare the tone of the Ginsburg confirmation and this one.

No comments: