Friday, October 19, 2007

Star Trek is ready for Launch

Hey Folks,

 

Looks like they have the cast ready to go for the J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek prequel.  Let’s take a look.

 

Captain Kirk – Chris Pine.  Credits: Just My Luck, Smokin’ Aces.  Didn’t see any of those. Not familiar with his work.

Spock – Zachary Quinto. Credit: Heroes, 24.  As a Heroes fan, I’m so jazzed about this casting.  Can’t wait to see Sylar in the ears.

Bones McCoy – Karl Urban. Credit: Lord of the Rings, Two Towers and Return of the King.  Karl played Eomer in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Scotty – Simon Pegg. Credits: Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.  I never thought I’d like Shaun of the Dead but it was a hilarious movie.  Those are the only horror movies that’s I’ll watch.

Uhura – Zoe Saldan. I’ve never seen any of her work.  I see though she’s been a two episodes of Law and Order.

Chekov – Anton Yelchin. He’s a TV dude appearing in episode of this and that.

Sulu – John Cho.  Credits: American Pie Movies, Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.  I like this casting but again it brings up one of my pet peeves.  A Korean playing the role of a person who is Japanese.  I guess it’s true. All Asians look alike.

 

Can wait to see this movie.

No comments: