Friday, October 05, 2007

The TV Season So Far - Part 2

Let’s keep going.  I’ve given you my thoughts so far on the TV season, but I have a few more shows to go.

Ugly Betty. I’m a passive viewer on this show.  My wife and I are constantly fighting over the remote in our bedroom.  This is one of the shows that I’ll watch because I can tolerate it.  That’s basically my feeling on the show.  I tolerate it.  It’s got its moments and the season premiere was not that bad.  The shows just a little over the top, but I like the Spanish Soap Opera feel to it.

Aliens in America.  Due to Tivo conflicts, I’m not able to watch this show live.  I downloaded it from iTunes (currently free).  I really like this show.  I’m not sure I like it well enough to remove the shows it has conflicts, but it’s got a sweet side to it and a different take on the whole fish out of water story.  Good acting and good start.

Cavemen.  On the other hand, this is a rehashed story of the Fish out of water plot.  But now with Cavemen.  I expected this show to be really bad.  It wasn’t.  I expected this show to not be great and it was.  It was OK.  The writing was descent and it was tolerable.  There’s just nothing profound about the show.

Pushing Daisies.  I was looking forward to this show.  It’s being hyped like crazy by Disney and it was Kristin Chenoweth in it.  I think I got my hope too high on this one.  I really liked the pilot, but not at the level I was expecting, but great start.  It’s got a quirky, beautiful look to a TV show.  My concern is that it’s going to battle between whether it’s a love story or a procedural show.

Survivor: China. Ashley’s no longer on the show, I’m not going to watch anymore.

30 Rock:  Another great start for the show.  Can’t wait to see Carrie Fisher next week.

No comments: